How to use Olive Oil for Furniture Cleaning Purpose
5 ways to use olive oil for Furniture cleaning purposes. (Can buy at the grocery store)
1. To help prevent wicker furniture from cracking – Use a soft cloth to gently rub the oil into it. Warming the olive oil works better.
2. Remove scratches from leather (furniture, jackets, etc.) – Pour just a dab onto a cotton cleaning cloth and in a circular motion lightly rub it into the scratch.
3. Get paint off your hands – Rub some into your skin where the paint is and leave it there for 5 minutes then thoroughly wash your hands with soap.
4. Use as door hinge lubrication – Gets rid of the squealing sound.
5. For polishing wood furniture – Mix together 2 cups of olive oil and 1 cup of either lemon juice or vinegar. Dip a soft cloth into the solution and rub it into the furniture. To get out scratches, make the solution 50/ 50 which means if you use 1 cup of olive oil, also use 1 cup of either lemon juice or vinegar. Combine them together and rub out the scratch.
Article From : Stevie, Sustainable (2012-04-09). Green Cleaning 101 (DIY Natural Cleaning Solutions with Vinegar and Other Frugal Resources That You Already Have).