7 Specific Trick for Living Room Hacks – Living Room Organization
I want to share with you specific tricks that you can do for each room in your home in order to make the best out of the space that you do have. I feel like the living room is a very important place to start. This room as well as the kitchen is where you and your guests will spend most of your time, so you want to keep them as open as possible. However, you also want to take advantage of all of the space you have.
1. The first thing you want to do when you are trying to maximize the space in a small living room is empty as much out of the room as possible leaving only the large pieces of furniture. This will allow you to move the pieces around checking several different scenarios before deciding exactly where each piece should be placed. You want to make sure that when you are doing this, each piece is not too close together and is functional in the placement.
2. After you have the larger pieces of furniture placed you should know what each area of that room will be used for. For example, one corner may contain your desk and be used for work while another area will be used for watching the television or playing board games. Start with one specific area in that room. For example, your work area and begin bringing only necessary items back into the room. Work your way around the entire room doing this.
3. Dollar stores are a great place to find cute storage containers that add to the design of the room instead of taking away from it. Since there is nothing that costs more than a dollar at these stores, you will be able to get a lot of containers for a little bit of money. They come in several different colors as well as several different designs so you should have no problem working them into the design of the room. They are also great to use in drawers of end tables or on the shelves of an entertainment center.
4. Organize as you are bringing items back into each space. Make sure that all of your files are organized before you place them back in your work space and that you have thrown away anything that is no longer needed.
5. It is important that you clean the items as you bring them back into the space as well, nothing will cause a small space to feel uncomfortable more than it not being cleaned. Wipe down all of the pieces, make sure there is not dust built up. It is a good idea to clean the floors as well as the walls and windows before you bring anything back into the room.
6. If you want to make the room look bigger you need to make sure that all of the furniture matches and is about the same color. When you end up with a bunch of furniture that does not match of multiple colors, your space will only look smaller.
7. Consider using more chairs and fewer sofas when you have a small living room. If you feel like you need a sofa to complete the room, consider getting a loveseat instead. It takes up less space and is easier to move around than a large couch.
You don’t want to use a lot of space in your living room for storage. When you are placing all of your stuff in your living room you want to focus on that room being as functional as possible so that you, your family and your guests will feel comfortable in the area.
Credit : Stevens, Riley (2015-04-24). 50 Ways To Maximize Your Small Space In 50 Minutes.
Tag : living room organization, living room declutter, living room space saving, living room space, Small space, living room storage, living room storage idea