5 Specific Tricks for Organizing a Small Kitchen Space
This has to be my favorite room in the house and I love just going into it and organizing all of the cabinets. If you are not like me you may need a little help when it comes to this room. Lucky for you I know all about making the most of a small kitchen space.
1. The first thing you need to look at is if you have an area for a dining table. If you do not and you do not have a dining area in your home you still have a few choices. If there is an island in the kitchen area simply placing a few bar stools around it will allow you to have a place to enjoy your meals without taking up any extra space. If you do not have an island consider purchasing a small table. You do not have to have a huge table to eat your meals at and if there is no space at all for any sized table, some simple TV dinner trays will do the trick.
2. Now you need to look at the amount of cabinets and drawers that you have. Decide what you will need cabinets for, food, dishes and of course under the sink can be used for cleaning supplies. You also need to consider what you will need drawer space for. This could be silverware, small packs of sauces or maybe kool-aid packs, notebooks, pens and bills may also be items that you want to keep in these drawers.
3. Get a small rolling cart to help provide some extra counter space for when you are preparing meals. Another option for this is to use your kitchen table for prep if you have space for one. You can use a rolling cart for your microwave, can opener, coffee pot and toaster providing you get one with several shelves. This can also be used for your kitchen wash clothes, hand towels or pot holders.
4. Use the wall space. There is no reason for you to have 20 coffee cups, so grab some hooks and hang up your favorite 4 on the wall. Hang shelves on the wall to keep items off of your counter so that you will have more space to work.
5. Use a pot rack to free up cabinet space, display your pots and pans and add a little bit of flare to your kitchen.
It only takes a little bit of creativity when it comes to finding extra space and taking advantage of it in your kitchen. Try using the top of your refrigerator for storing items that you do not use on a daily basis, such as your blender or bread maker. I like to keep my bags of dog food on top of the fridge Doing this keeps it away from the dogs and keeps the dog food from taking up extra space in my home. Get creative and when you see space that you can use for storage, utilize it!
Credit : Stevens, Riley (2015-04-24). 50 Ways To Maximize Your Small Space In 50 Minutes.
Tag : Kitchen organization, Kitchen declutter,Kitchen space saving, Kitchen space, Small space, Kitchen storage, Kitchen storage idea, Organizing Kitchen