5 Extra Tips for Maximizing Your Space
Now that we have covered each of the rooms in your home (see previous article), I want to give you a few extra tips so that you can organize and declutter your small space.
1. While you are going through your house creating more storage space following the tips I have given you in the previous chapters, I want you to begin putting like items with like items. There is no reason why you should have a storage bin for each different persons extra sheet sets when you can use one storage bin and save space. This will also ensure that you do not forget where you have stored different items and end up having to purchase duplicates. Keep all of your like items in the same space.
2. Float your furniture away from the walls. By moving the furniture away from the walls you will actually create more space. One example of this is to have you couch and chairs floating in the living room. You will have space against the walls that can be used for placing a bookshelf against or creating storage space with cabinets.
3. Choose nesting tables. Since the space is small it is great to have these tables that can be pulled out when they are needed and slid back into space when they are not in use.
4. Place book shelves around a doorway. This will help you to use space that would otherwise go to waste. Remember just because it is a book shelf does not mean it has to contain books. You can do this in the kitchen creating a new cabinet unit simply by adding a few doors to the shelving unit.
5. Once you have found a home for everything and you have done all of the work, you need to make sure that you maintain it. If you are always getting items out and never putting them back, the home will become cluttered very quickly and you will find that you are not able to enjoy your space any longer.
So many people have decided to follow the trend of living in a smaller space not because it is what is in style to do, but because it saves them money. They want to reduce the stress in their lives by moving into a smaller space, but they do not understand how to utilize the space to benefit from it the most. With the tips I have given you in this book, you will not only be able to reduce the size of your space, but you won’t even miss the extra space you are so used to.
Credit : Stevens, Riley (2015-04-24). 50 Ways To Maximize Your Small Space In 50 Minutes.
Tag : Maximizing Your Space, Small space declutter, Small space saving, Organize small space, Small space, Small space storage, Small space storage idea, Declutter small space, Maximizing small space, Maximize small space