10 Specific Tricks for Organizing the Bathroom
This is often one of the hardest areas in a small home to get the most out of. I want to make sure you are able to maximize your storage in your bathroom while still keeping it functional for you, your family and your visitors.
1. You will want to remove everything from your bathroom and give the entire room a complete scrub. This will ensure that once you place all of your items back into the bathroom they will stay clean. While you are removing the items from the bathroom you need to go through them and decide what you need to keep. For example, all of those thread bare washcloths and towels, they can probably go.
2. Purchase an over the toilet organizer. This is a necessity if you want to make the most out of the space you have in your bathroom. I have a large closet in the bathroom which provides me with storage space, but even I have one of these to store my towels and washcloths on. The reason for this is because I am what is called a couponer and I use the closet to store all of the personal items I get with coupons which can be a lot. After you place the organizer over the toilet, you need to decide what it will hold. Personally I will place several rolls of toilet paper on the back of the toilet, then on each shelf I place my towels. This leaves enough space on the end of each shelf for me to place a stack of washcloths.
3. The next thing you need to do is get a shower caddy that hangs over the shower head. This can be used to organize your soaps, in shower lotions, shampoos, loofahs, razors and other bath items. Although it may not seem like this will make a big difference, having all of this organized and in one place will help you a lot even if it is not providing a ton of extra space.
4. Now you need to utilize the space under your bathroom sink. This space can be used for any items that you need. For example if you do not have a closet in your bathroom, this can be used to store extra toilet paper, shampoo, and other hygiene items. I do not suggest placing extra sheet sets or towels under the sink because if a pipe bursts it only causes a huge mess and a mound of laundry that needs to be cleaned up.
5. If you have any drawers in the bathroom you can use organizers that can be found at a dollar store to organize your make up and other items. If you do not have drawers a great way to keep all of your stuff organized is to purchase an over the door shoe organizer, these come in handy in every room because they offer clear pockets for you to put your items in. I find that placing items such as lotion, hair gel, toothpaste tubes, deodorant in these pockets helps to keep them all organized and in one place.
6. You can hang spice racks on your bathroom walls as well to help hold all of your hair and beauty supplies. You will be able to fit all of the items that you use on a daily basis in these shelves and not have to worry about them cluttering up the top of your sink.
7. Place a shelf above your bathroom door to provide extra storage. This is a great place for you to place storage containers that are full of excess items such as extra toilet paper or bars of soap. The items are out of sight in cute storage boxes and you are getting the extra space that would otherwise go unused above your door. This can be done in bedrooms as well to create more storage space for any of your items.
8. Hang a magnetic board on the wall, attach magnets to the back of your makeup containers and use the board to store all of your makeup and beauty tools. This helps keep them all in one place and you don’t have to worry about finding an extra drawer to keep it all in.
9. Another way to get more out of your space is to roll your towels instead of folding them. Personally, I am willing to give up a little bit of space because I like my towels folded a certain way, If this type of thing does not matter to you then you can save space on your shelves by rolling your towels instead of folding them.
10. Install towel rods on the back of your bathroom door. Instead of taking up precious wall space that you will want to use for other items, hang a few towel rods on the back of the bathroom door. These will be out of sight when the door is open and will keep you from having to search for your towels.
Many people think that just because they have a small bathroom that they have to suffer with it being cramped and unattractive, but that does not have to be true. By using the tips I have given you, you can have a very organized bathroom even when there is little space. This is one room where you will use as much vertical space as possible. Remember to keep this room relaxing as well. You don’t want any of the rooms in your home to end up looking like a storage shed. You want to make sure that your home is still a home at the end of the day.
Credit : Stevens, Riley (2015-04-24). 50 Ways To Maximize Your Small Space In 50 Minutes.
Tag : Bathroom organization, Bathroom declutter, Bathroom space saving, Bathroom space, Small space, Bathroom storage, Bathroom storage idea, Organizing Bathroom